Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hang On for the Ride!

They're coming! Ben will be in officer training for several weeks in Kentucky, so Amy and the babies are coming to stay with us! I can hardly wait. They will be here Thursday night. I know it will be a whirlwind, but I am so excited about having them here. Amanda will be moving to Texas while they are here and God is so good to make sure I will be a bit distracted. :) We will finish up their time here with a trip to Disney! Woo-hoo!

I have started a new job since I posted last. I am one of the NPs at the new Walgreen's clinic in Heath. No more hour long drives to and from work. I can't describe the difference it has made in how I feel. I work two 8's and two 12's or three 12's. Not many patients yet, but it's coming. Even though I miss the babies at Children's, I am soooo happy to stay close to home.

James and Marlene passed on an opportunity to move across the country, and my heart is just so grateful that we are all here. We have all committed to trying to get together more and not take for granted that we are here together.

We are finally getting our financial house in order, and I have been going to Curves, so I feel that there has been progress made in the two things that were among my biggest stressors. My 6 month MRI in June showed NO NEW LESIONS again, and I had lost 5 more pounds...that's 10 this year...slowly but surely.

We continue to pray for God's guidance in regards to finding a group of like-minded believers to worship with. I've thought about putting an ad in the paper! :) We just want to grow with people who think deeply, who are spiritually minded, not smothering in stiff, mindless traditions, but not blindly influenced by emotions. Genuine. Passionate about Jesus and service, who build each other up, and are kind. I just know I don't have the energy to drown in "church activities" any more. But I am searching for partners to share in spiritual formation, transformation, forgiveness, grace, peace...the things I know are growing in my heart and mind. They are out there...I know they are. We will find them.

Seasons of peace can sneak up on you unexpectedly. I feel it. Now, with some fabulous little people in the house for the next few weeks we might not HEAR the peace, but it will be here. Thank you, God.

No comments: