Sunday, August 21, 2011

The wanderers have returned to the nest... Last year Alex and his sweet new wife, Jessica, finished "seminary" training after their return from France, and have decided to make Ohio their home. At least while he is in nursing school...I have heard rumblings about Cambodia being a part of their future.

Amanda has returned from her year in South Africa, seasoned, wiser, higher standards for her self and others...permanently marked by the experience of seeing what abject poverty really means. My prayer is that her anger will become a healthy angry, a productive angry, and not an internalized pain.

The grandbabies are growing up. Ainsley is 6, Noah is almost 4, and Balin is an old soul, in a body not yet 2. Their mom has embraced her role in their lives with creativity, devotion, and plain old gumption. I am always amazed.

I am still fat and happy...still married, still love my job (I was born to be a nurse). I think a lot about being thoughtful, and manage to steal tiny moments of clear vision. I would love to take a month long sabbatical, in the woods, beside a body of water, alone, with books as my company. Ecstasy. A dream. One day...

No comments: