Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Supernatural Sacrifice

I have always stated, proudly, that I am a pretty nice gal, unless you hurt one of my children... but if you hurt one of my children, then the gloves come off, the claws come out...

Someone has hurt one of my children.

Deeply. With words he did not deserve.

And now I have a dilemma...I can live in the flesh, and retaliate with words. Or I can live in the spirit of God, and turn it over to Him. I know which one I WANT to do. Right now. But Ephesians 4:29-5:1 keeps playing over and over in my head.

To sacrifice my overwhelming desire to act on my motherly instinct goes against everything that is human in me. But today, I choose to "live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God"...it's just not natural.

No comments: