Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hello to me...

I love to read anything Caron Guillo writes. I miss my friend. Reading her blog has motivated me to start one myself. Mostly for myself...to clarify, to discover, to feel "out loud". So, Hello to me.


I have been writing more on paper since the MS diagnosis in June. Coming to really recognize your own mortality can be a great motivation for reevaluating your life's priorities and direction. Looking toward the future can suddenly hold less naive uncertainty, and require a challenging look at reality. What do I want to leave as a heritage for my children? Will I become a burden to those I love? Will my cognitive abilities slip away so slowly that I will not notice? Will anyone be brave enough to tell me?


I want to use what God brings into my life to glorify Him. But I do not want to be defined by a disease, or let it deter me. It has only been a few months and I am already weary of being asked, "How are you feeling?" because people think of MS when they see me. I need to work through this. I will work through this.

No comments: